How to Remove Tape in Hair Extensions?
5 Ways to Remove Tape in Hair Extensions
There will come a time when you will need to remove your tape in hair extensions. Although there are countless ways to remove them, we've compiled a short list of simple ways to get them removed
- The safest and most effective way to remove your tape in hair extensions is to seek professional assistance from a licensed salon professional.
- Oil-based removers for tape in hair extensions can vary from coconut oil, Olive Oil, palm oil or any other oil alike. This method typically requires the user to layer the oil at the top of the tab and allow time (and sometimes heat either from the warmth of the scalp or from an outside source - such as a blow dryer) for the oil to seep down in between the tab and loosen the tackiness from the tape. Additional oil may be used after peeling has begun to help aid in the removal process.
- Conditioner can be used in the same manner as oil to help remove the tape in hair extensions. This process takes more time and patience then oil. In many cases, massaging the tab area can help loosen the stickiness and allow the conditioner to seep in between the tape tabs.
- Alcohol-based removers are generally in a liquid spray form. These removers are sprayed directly above the tape in hair extension tab. Allow time for the alcohol based remover to seep down in between the tape tabs and gently peel apart. Use additional spray as the corners are lifted to aid in the removal process. Some users have found that a simple mixture of household alcohol (rubbing alcohol) water and a few drops of an essential oil are the perfect combination of gentle removal. The essential oils add a pleasant scent during the removal process.
- A combination approach can be very useful. Start by applying an oil to the tape tab and massaging it into every tab. Then, while showering, apply a generous amount of conditioner directly on the tape in hair extensions tab and massaging each one liberally and gently. Upon leaving the shower, spray your alcohol based remover above the tape tab and gently peel apart, applying additional spray or oil as needed to aid in the removal process.